Celebrations of Life.....Wisconsin, San Diego, Victoria BC

November 2008
I’ve noticed that the more we celebrate the passages of life the more life we feel.

Last week I celebrated the life of my mother in Wisconsin. We had a wonderful ceremony for her. It was a great feeling to be surrounded by all my brothers and sisters and their families, all my aunts and uncles and my parents friends. The coming together affirmed my mother’s love that she had for everyone. She passed after having ALS for two years. I am grateful that she didn’t contract the disease in her 40’s – 60’s which is typical for most people that have it. I was able to enjoy her for many years with time to say our goodbyes in the summer. She passed just after her 80th birthday. (Photo: Jill & Mom in July)

Now one week later, I will celebrate the wedding of my son here in San Diego. He and his wife help each other out in life just as my mother and father did for all those years. (Photo at right: Newlyweds Jesse & Tracy)

This is also the week that Biagio learned he will be a grandfather for the first time later this year. (Photo at left: Expectant parents Jesse & Tia)..........

The passing of a life, the celebration of joining two lives, the beginning of a new life. It’s a wondrous existence.